Due to the current health crisis, the following events planned for 2020 are either canceled or postponed. We are hoping for a better 2021!
- 7th Annual Genesee River Basin Summit – The summit was originally planned for April 29th. We hope that the virus will be under control by fall and that we can re-schedule the Summit then. Along with this postponement, we are deferring the Elizabeth Thorndike Environmental Leadership Awards.
- We had planned to participate in the Letchworth Earth Day event and ADK’s Outdoor Expo. Both have been canceled.
- In partnership with the City of Rochester, we have planned to open the new Petten Street canoe/kayak dock before Memorial Day. At this point, we don’t know how the shutdown will affect the City’s construction schedule. When we know more, we will publicize an update on our website and Facebook page.
- Our two cruises on the Lower River in 2019 were so successful that we had scheduled three for 2020 on July 26th, August 23rd, and October 3rd. These have been canceled.
- In association with the Waterways Center, we had outlined an extensive list of public paddle trips on the river and Canal as well as a “learn to paddle” day and a family outing day. At this time, these events are canceled.
Gee that’s too bad