Join Genesee RiverWatch and the Genesee Waterways Center in celebrating ROC the Riverway Weekend with a harvest season afternoon paddle down the river to Corn Hill.
On this last trip of the summer paddling series, we will take our kayaks on a round trip down the Genesee River to Corn Hill and back to the Waterways Center. Along the way, we will enjoy the fall colors and lengthening evening shadows from our unique water-level vantage point. Be sure to bring your cameras to capture the Great Blue Herons, Egrets, and other wildlife along the shore.
At approximately 4.5 miles length, this paddle is one of the longer trips in this summer’s series. Therefore, you should pay special attention to the following:
- You should be sufficiently experienced to be confident in your ability to paddle for 3 hours with limited rest. The waters of the river are generally calm and will not require technical skills.
- We will need to start promptly at 3:00, so plan to arrive around 2:30 in order to sign in and get your life vest, paddle, and kayak.
- Fall is coming, so listen to the weather forecast and dress accordingly. A windbreaker and hat will be essential. Apply sunscreen, and bring plenty of water, Gatorade, or other sports drinks.
Other conditions that applied to all the events this summer:
- Paddlers must be at least 10 years old.
- Pre-registration is required at the Genesee Waterways Website.
- Boat rental pricing is as follows:
- City residents: Single kayak: $15 l Tandem kayak: $25 l Family of 4 – 2 tandems for $40
- Non-City residents: Single kayak: $30 l Tandem kayak: $45
- Bring your own boat: $5.00- use code OWNBOAT when you register!
- City residents – Use Code CITYDISCOUNT for single kayaks and CITYDISCOUNT2 for tandem kayaks to get discounted pricing when you register
- We will meet at the Genesee Waterways Center, 149 Elmwood Avenue, between 2:30 and 3:00 PM.
Any questions? Call the Waterways Center at 585-328-3960.
See you on the River!